Last week, some of you started posting your Facebook year in review and some of them were really good. I looked at mine and it didn't come near to what I had experienced this past year.
In fact, I still can't believe 2017 is almost over. I am not sure how to feel about that. It wasn't a bad year nor was it fanciful. Don't get me wrong- to be able to see another year pass is such a HUGE blessing. I am not minimizing that at all, but I am not sure how I feel about it.
As I look back, here are the top 10 things that changed my life in 2017.
TOP TEN THINGS I REMEMBER ABOUT 2017
1. My mentor passed away. I am still running faster than ever.
2. I started this blog by using my Passion Planner.
3. I have a newfound addiction to essential oil. There is nothing a little essential oil can't fix.
4. I saw Hamilton in Chicago with my husband and a good friend. I can't stop singing.
5. I can't live without my press-on nails. I have them stockpiled.
6. I discovered my purpose and pursuing it fully in 2018. I am your new life coach. Wait for it.
7. Found a lovely housekeeper. She even vacuums my velvet headboard. I mean come on.
8. Started showing up even when I was tired. Life involves living and that requires us to participate.
9. Creating my "Three Things" video series on Facebook and it becoming something people wait for. Watch this space for new content.
10. I was able to go back to my old daycare and I don't have to take out a loan to pay for it.
I have plenty MORE I could write about, but I think I would lose the essence of what I wanted this list to represent.
My word for 2017 was PARTICIPATE. For me, I focused on living life my way this year and that involved me showing up, executing, leaving things (and people) that no longer serve a purpose behind, and being present. I have to say I was able to really live in a way I hadn't done before. I liked the feeling and will continue making this my norm. I still fall victim to saying yes to way too many things, but I am getting better. Can anyone relate?
Every year I have one word or phrase I focus on. It is always a bit difficult for me to decide on ONE word because I tend to like words (as you know) and to pick JUST one is daunting and not fair for all the other words I love. (I nerded out for a second there, didn't I?)
For 2018, the phrase I've chosen is EMBRACE THE JOURNEY. I will talk more about why I chose that phrase in another post.
In the meantime, what does your 2017 year in review look like? Are you happy with what you did with your time? Did you see any overall themes or behaviors? What will be your focus word or phrase for 2018? #TalkToMe